The ascending submits of Mount Everest appeals adrenaline junkies and mountain climbers from all over the world. Accompany us in this 12-day guided trek as we travel to the base of the highest mountain in the world. The journey is a wonderful adventure filled with Khumbu’s remarkable natural beauty, culture, lifestyle, and Himalayan view. Take a flight from Kathmandu to Lukla airport and walk through the hiking trails along the banks of roaring Dudh Koshi River to reach the commercial hub of the Khumbu region, Namche Bazar.
Arrive at Namche Bazar on the second day of the trek. The way up to Namche Bazar seems to be quite an easy task, but don’t worry, there is more to the trek! Travel through the Sherpa Villages of Debuche, Dingboche, and Lobuche to get to Gorakshep, a tiny establishment (5,164m) that sets on the cliff of a glacial, sand-covered lakebed. Reach Everest Base Camp, situated in the heart of Khumbu Glacier, on the eighth day of the trek.
Next, set out for Kalla Patthar, which offers one of the best scenery of the Everest Region. Appreciate the majestic views of the mountains, including Mt Ama Dablam, Mt Nuptse, Mt Kangtega, Mt Kusum Kanguru, Mt Thamserku, Mt. Makalu and, definitely, the jaw-dropping Mt Everest itself, standing above other mountains.
After that, head downhill to Lukla. Have an opportunity to experience the friendliness and warm hospitality of the Sherpa people on your way. Visit Tengboche Monastery, one of the oldest monasteries of the country, and learn something more about their culture and religion. Also, enjoy the marvelous beauty of alpine vegetation, including pine and rhododendron forest, and experience wildlife that includes Monal and Himalayan Thar. We look ahead on taking you to a trek of a lifetime. Please check out the itinerary for more details about the trek.
Trek to the world-renowned Everest Base Camp
Travel along the Sherpa villages of Namche, Debuche, Dingboche, Lobuche, and Gorakshep
Experience their culture and lifestyle
Enjoy majestic views of the Himalayas from Kala Patthar
Visit the biggest and oldest monastery in the region, Tengboche
Enjoy majestic beauty along the way
Appreciate natural alpine vegetation and wildlife
- Airport pick-up and drop-off services in a private vehicle upon request
- Kathmandu - Lukla – Kathmandu domestic airline tickets include airline taxes and fuel charges
- Full-board basis meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) are provided during the trek
- Cozy accommodation in lodges/tea houses throughout the trek as per the itinerary
- Entrance permits for Sagarmatha National Park
- Trekkers Information Management System (TIMS) registration card
- Government-licensed, English- speaking, Experienced, and Ministry of Tourism trained guide with accommodation, insurance, meals, and salary
- An additional assistant trekking guide for groups of over 6 people with insurance, meals, salary, and accommodation
- Sleeping bags, duffel bags, and down jacket are provided, which are to be returned after the trek is over
- Daily seasonal fresh fruits are served as per the availability
- A first aid kit carried by guide which includes an American Medical Association approved oximeter to check your oxygen level and pulse in high altitude
- All government and local taxes paper works
- Rescue and medical evacuation preparation for the worst-case scenario
- A complimentary dinner in a traditional restaurant, after arrival or before departure
- International airplane ticket, Nepal Visa Fees (two passport size photo required) and medical and travel insurance for emergency evacuation
- Expenses for personal refreshments and stuff like beverages and bars bills, snacks and desserts, drinking water, laundry, telephone, hot shower, etc
- Expenses that arise due to natural disaster, accidents or anything beyond our control. Fees are non-transferrable and non-refundable if you leave the trek on your own accord
- Accommodation and meals in Kathmandu if you return early or departure late
- Services which are not stated in the ‘What’s Included’ division and mentioned to as ‘optional’
- Porters are only provided at extra cost
- Tipping is a tradition in Nepal and is expected by your staffs (guides, drivers, porters)
Kathmandu to Lukla (Flight) - Phakding
Our representative will pick you from your hotel and drop you at the airport in Kathmandu. A short, 25-30 minute flight from Kathmandu will air-transport you to Lukla (2,840 m), the starting point of the trek and gateway to the Khumbu region.
Travel along the trails of Dudhkoshi River Valley, through various settlements like Chhepling and Chaurikharka, before arriving at Phakding. Appreciate marvelous views of the Himalayas during the trek. It will be an easy walk with a steady downhill of roughly 200 meters.
Phakding- Namche Bazaar
Be ready to climb steep hills. Travel through the path of the roaring Dudh Koshi and cross several suspension bridges along the way. Follow the path and pass Monjo and Jorsalle villages before you reach Namche Bazar (3,440 m), a mountainous village that is also the commercial center of the Khumbu region.
Namche Bazar (acclimatization)
Spend some time in Namche Bazar and let your body to acclimatize to the high altitude. You will have the opportunity to hike to nearby areas. The administrative and trading center of the Khumbu region, Namche is also home to various banks, shops, eateries, and government offices.
One of the most fascinating hikes you can indulge in is the one that takes you to Everest View Hotel which offers an exceptional view of Mount Everest and other high mountains of the Himalayas.
Trek to Tengboche Monastery
You will start your day with a quick rise accompanied by flat pathways until you rich Kyanjuma. Follow the path downhill from there to reach Phunki Tenga. Then, cross the Dudh Koshi River and reach Tengboche Monastery, the oldest and the most important monastery in the region. Given the condition of the weather and other factors, you will either call it a day in Debuche (3800m) or stay in Namche.
Debuche – Dingboche
You will make a quick downhill trek to reach Debuche if you did not the previous day. Then, you will start climbing uphill towards Pangboche. Enjoy the majestic view of Everest, Nuptse and Amadablam mountains along the way. Take a short break in Pangboche for tea and start heading to Somare for lunch. Trek along the Imja Valley and cross Lobouche Stream before ascending to Dingboche (4,410m).
The village of Dingboche is stunning with fields and pastures edged by stone walls. Walk around the village or calm yourself in the hotel or let your body to acclimatize to the higher altitude. Besides that, you can also indulge in one of the hiking options to Nangkartshang Peak or the Chhukung Valley.
Dingboche – Lobuche
An adventurous day with uphill climbing lies ahead of you. Your day will start with a gradual climb to Dughla where you can have a quick lunch. As we do not have another lunch option before reaching Lobuche, it will be an early lunch.
A vertical climb from Dughla will take you to the memorial of popular mountaineers including, Scott Fisher and Babu Chiri Sherpa. Enter the Khumbu Glacier Area and follow the trails until you reach Lobuche (4,910m), where you will be spending the night.
Lobuche – Gorakshep - Everest Base Camp – Gorekshep
The first fragment of the trek will take you to Gorakshep through the Khumbu Glacier. Drop your bag, take some rest and enjoy your lunch in Gorakshep before you head to the Everest Base Camp (5,364m). You can also appreciate the view of moraines, streams and a glacier as you walk through the strewed and rocky trails. Reach Everest Base Camp, set in the center of Khumbu Glacier. Spend some time in the area and head back to Gorakshep for an overnight stay.
If the weather gods pity us and you can gather some energy, we will hike up to Kala Patthar in the late afternoon to enjoy the sunset. But, you need to keep in mind that covering Gorakshep, Everest Base Camp and Kala Patthar on the same day is not easy.
Kala Patthar (5,545m) – Pangboche
If you could not make it to Kala Patthar the other day, today is your chance. Climb up to the famous landmark set above Gorakshep and admire the breathtaking beauty of sky-touching and shinning mountains in the morning dawn.
Spend some time in Kala Patthar before heading down to Gorakshep. Have your breakfast and start your downhill trek to reach Pangboche. Enjoy the sunset view Mount Amadablam from Pangboche which will be an unforgettable experience.
Pangboche – Namche Bazaar
Resume your downhill journey. Cross Dudh Koshi River and take a vertical climb to reach Kyanjuma. From here, the trail is mostly flat or downhill until you reach the headquarters of Sargamatha National Park that is above Namche.
Namche Bazzar- Lukla
Another long day with steep downhill path awaits you. The last day of your trek is filled with slanting descends along the Dudh Koshi River until you get to Phakding. Grab your lunch in Phakding and follow the gentle and easy uphill trails to reach Lukla.
Lukla – Kathmandu (flight)
Get to the airport to catch the early morning flight to Kathmandu. As you arrive in Kathmandu, transfer to your hotel. Your guide will escort you to a complimentary farewell dinner offered by the company in the evening. And, that marks the end of our services. We will also be happy to provide you with departure upon request.